Evolving Concepts of Bone Reshaping and Osteotomies in Rhinoplasty
A – Introductory
B – Comprehensive
C – Advanced
The course describes the contemporary analysis of the bony vault, the piezosurgical instrumentation for osteotomies, ostectomies, osteorraphy and bone smoothing, and the rationale of hump removal, bone narrowing , bone reshaping in rhinoplasty.
A special emphasis will be put on the control of bone movements and bone orientation, and on ultrasonic rhinosculpture.
The course will end with the presentation of a new procedure to treat bone defects in secondary rhinoplasty.
- Be able to assess bones characteristics before a rhinoplasty
- Learn what’s the piezo-instrumentation for bone sawing, rasping and reshaping through ostectomies
- Understand the algorithm for bone narrowing and bone reshaping: osteotomy location and sequence, ostectomies, bone smoothing
- Learn how to control bone orientation
- Learn how to restabilize bones by osteorraphy