Learning Rhinoplasty by a Progressive Approach and the Rhinoplasty Revolution (90 minutes)
A – Introductory
B – Comprehensive
C – Advanced
The goal of this MC is to provide a step-by-step approach to the Rhinoplasty Operation. It will be base upon recent advances in our understanding of nasal anatomy and new surgical techniques. It will integrate aesthetics, anatomy and analysis. Numerous surgical techniques will be reviewed and a rational concept offered for selecting the best surgical solution. For example, what are the advantages and disadvantages of spreader flaps vs spreader grafts? A progressive approach to various deformities will be shown. The sequential approach to the tip begins with tip sutures, then tip refinement grafts, and finally structural grafts as necessary. The role of Piezo electric instrumentation will be contrasted with current techniques. Ultimately, the surgeon should have a fundamental progressive operation which will allow application to a wide range of nasal deformities.
- To acquire a clear understanding of the linkage between surface aesthetics, underlying anatomy, and operative planning.
- To use a grading system to rank the preoperative deformity and allow selection of the appropriate surgical techniques.
- To incorporate new operative techniques based upon advanced anatomical concepts.
- To develope individualized operative techniques to fit each patient’s deformity.
- To identify the difficult nose in advance and avoid common pitalls.